Do you know where your email data is stored?
Some of the larger, global, email services may tell you your email data is safe – but is it?
At The Very Good Email Company your email is in a safe place. Our servers our hosted within a world-class data centre, which is amongst the most secure in the UK: Pulsant (formerly BlueSquare), Milton Keynes.
- Purpose-built from the ground up as a data centre
- Tier 4
- Secure compounds with 3-metre fencing and electric entry, including anti-tailgating systems
- Airlock entries
- CCTV throughout
- Zoned access (i.e. authorised engineer’s keyfob only allows access into the room where our servers are, but no other room)
- Entry via 24/7 swipe card systems, with 6-layer entry
- 24/7 on-site Security. Only our senior engineers have access
- 2 x 3 megawatt sub-stations (N+N)
- G&M generators (N+N) with 30 hours of on-site fuel storage
- N+N Chloride UPS system @ 10 minutes autonomy
- A+B power feeds to each rack
- N+1 chilled water/air handling system @ 22ºC
- ISO 27001 certified hosting environment
All machines have RAID and twin PSUs fed from discrete power lines into the building. For optimum server environment there are multiple redundant UPSs and air conditioning with generators onsite. We also have physical spares onsite and on-call engineers 24/7.
Daily incremental backups – which are retained for 48hrs. These are done for Disaster Recovery purposes for The Very Good Email Company only and not for the recovery of customer deleted emails. Where we can, we will do our best to restore a customer’s lost email from the logs e.g. if they have accidentally deleted it. However, to protect end user emails we recommend our email archiving and discovery platform – MessageBunker.
For further information take a look at our Network.